Respiratory Disorders Forum

Long term cough in children

I have a 5-year-old son who now suffer from cough for almost 3 weeks now. We already gave him antibiotics like cotrimoxazole and amoxicillin but the the cough still persist aside from the antibiotics we already gave him anti-asthma meds like liquid salbutamol and guaifenesin as expectorant. Please help, what should I do?
The most likely reason for a cough like this is a viral infection which causes inflammation of the airways. If this results in asthma symptoms, then the medication for asthma would work.
If your son is sleeping OK and able to play OK, I would not do anything different now. If either of these is not OK or the cough is worse, go back to your Pediatrician and see if other medications are needed.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.