Aa
A
A
A
Close
Respiratory Disorders Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

PLEURISY?

I've had trouble breathing for a month. I'm an asthmatic but through X-rays, blood tests and EKG's we've ruled out the cardiac possibility and it is not asthma related. I hear a deep sounding wheeze sometimes, I also have hoarsneess with with some flem. It could be due to nasal congestion but could this also be a form of Pleurisy? or would they have see that through the tests?
1 Responses
242587 tn?1355424110
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
No, this is not pleurisy.  Pleurisy is chest pain that occurs with breathing.

I can’t speculate what is going on with the limited  information you have provided, but  I am not convinced, regarding  your shortness of breath, that cardiac disease and asthma have been ruled out as the cause.  

Your having trouble breathing for a month is worrisome.  The cause of this must be determined with reasonable certainty, if appropriate treatment is to begin.  You may want to consider requesting a second opinion.

Good luck
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.