Respiratory Disorders Community

Prednisone for Bronchitis or Pneumonia

I have asthma. Three weeks ago, I started with a sore throat. Finally after a week and a half, the sore throat left, but, then a cold never developed.  Instead, my chest became congested.  I went to the doctor, and she put me on a z-pack. I finished the pack, along with taking albuterol for breathing sessions.  I still have a cough, and went to a walk in today, and the doctor thought I might have bronchitis or pneumonia. I usually take prednisone for my breathing difficulties.  Will this help with the possible broc/pne?  She suggested 5 20mg. a day for 7 days.  Has anyone had an experience like this?  I am leaving on a cruise Sunday, and do not want to be sick.  If you can help, I would appreciate it.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.