Aa
A
A
A
Close
Respiratory Disorders Community
10.7k Members

Pulmonary Fibrosis

In Dec. 2012, I went to the ER with extreme SOB and was sent a Pulmonologist, havind been tentatively diagnosed w/ IPF. It was.  However, had I not gotten pneumonia, I wouldn't have known, figuring my occasional SOB was due to aging (I'm 54).  So the doc gave me 1-7 years (I smoke)...  Is there any way to know more closely?  I'm selling my life insurance, and I'm afraid I'll run out of money before I die.      
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450022175
Can't the progress of the fibrosis be slowed or stopped?  Stopping smoking should give you more time, and the money you'd save not buying cigarettes will stretch you budget.

Are you not able to work?  

Age 54 isn't old, and that age alone would not be a reason for SOB, or fibrosis of the lungs.  

Please stop worrying about outliving you money, try to get better and focus on getting some income to address day-to-day financial needs.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.