Respiratory Disorders Community

RSV season

My last child is 3 yo so I think he's still within the age range of being at risk for getting RSV. Since his older brother had it when he was 9 months old it was so scary I dislike the winters because I fear every cold/cough they get. Has the RSV season begun already? My kids just started getting this cough, all of them have been just fine even my 3 yo until an hour ago...7pm. He has been breathing rapidly (53) since then but he doesn't have a fever or crying. He's sitting down now watching a video now. He was up and around being a normal 3 yo till 7pm hit and that's when he sorta slowed down a little. I don't hear wheezing or anything just coughing here and there. It's starting to sound a little junky but not terrible. Will take him in to see his Ped if he still remains the same in the morning.
Hi, understand your anxiety. RSV infections generally occur during fall, winter, and early spring. The timing and severity of RSV circulation in a given community can vary from year to year. If other children in your community show symptoms then it is probable that the infection is present. Usually children show symptoms within 4 to 6 days of infection. Most will recover in 1 to 2 weeks. If his symptoms persist, you should consult your doctor. Regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.