Respiratory Disorders Community

Strange Smell and Taste

Recently I have been smelling foul odors in my nose and even sometimes having the same taste in my mouth. The odour smells very much like my feces which also has not been normal lately. Is this possible?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its unlikely that foul smelling stools are causing the constant bad smell in the nose. Your symptoms could be due to olfactory hallucinations. Phantosmia most often occurs as a result of a head injury or upper respiratory infection. It can also be caused by temporal lobe seizures, sinusitis, brain tumors, migraine, Parkinson's disease and stroke. You may need proper evaluation by your GP, please consult him for a neurological assessment. He may then refer you to a neurologist if needed.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.