Respiratory Disorders Forum

Top ( soft ) Palate & Throat Chronic Infection with Sinus

Had frequent sinus attacks along with top ( soft ) palate & throat infection since childhood almost every time treated by doctors with antibiotics like Amoxycilin, Ciprox, Erythromycin, etc. If I tried home remedies like steam inhalation, hot water gargling, etc. infection worsens to the extent it effects digestion. However, after 50+ age now, these attacks getting more frequent, almost monthly even after treatment by antibiotics. Also, I get tired easily & feel weak & aching in extremities. Now, after recent infection & subsequent treatment there is voice change & feeling of a coating on top side of palate whereas none is visible & on having even little food there is fullness in the chest area along with tiredness & body ache. Kindly advise tests / medication.
Your  long history of apparent sinus and throat infection raises the question of a possible deficiency of your immune system; that is, a defect in your resistance to infection.  There are a number of possible causes of the weakness and tiredness you describe (including adverse effects of antibiotics), unrelated to infection one of which, gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) could cause the irritation you experience or predispose to recurrent infection.

I suggest that you and your doctors seek a 2nd opinion from an ENT specialist and/or an Infectious Disease specialist at the nearest University Medical Center.

Good luck
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.