Respiratory Disorders Community

Trapped Gas Pain / Digestive Bloating / Gassiness

I have read all the pages on the "trapped gas" thread ... and I, like so many, have the same issues!  Granted so many of you have gone through horrible ordeals with the medical community (I am NOT knocking traditional medicine ;o)
~*~
I am 60 year old female. "Good" Health. Zumba Instructor. Spiritual Teacher.
~*~
My issue started Dec 2013 / Jan 2014 ... I had started Zumba classes a couple years prior, lost about 40 pounds, even became a Zumba Instructor because I loved it so much and the benefits were Great!  During this same time I was also undergoing dental issues ... I had signed up with my dentist to be her "subject" for dental implants at an extreme lower cost procedure ... and due to the issues in my mouth, I was more than excited to do this.  Had the surgery in November 2012 and then had everything "loaded" in December 2013 ... forward to January 2014 ... annual check up after years of PERFECT check ups ... had recently noticed "GAS" so I asked Doc what should I take for these bouts of gassiness ... him and his assistant both chimed in unison BEANO ... ok, sounds good ... I'll try.  
~*~
I am very much a "tuned in" person to my Body Temple.  No smoking (quit in 2003 cold turkey) No drinking alcohol (not even a beer) ... healthy eater for the most part, conscious of what I cook and eat ... mostly organics / natural and steer from GMO and nitrate anythings.  These horrible pains started on my lower right side that radiated to up under my shoulder blade, HOWEVER, once I belched, burped ... passed gas ... I was FINE ... albeit, the pain is debilitating!   All the "signs" pointed to gallbladder ... but, something just didn't "feel right" about that.  All the research I did just didn't FEEL right!  and as many of you know, you can conjure up just about anything when you are in so much pain!!
~*~
I have continued on today and going back, retracing everything ... it points to one thing ... otherwise, except for the DAILY TRAPPED GAS PAIN (mind you, once the gas is released, back to near Perfect)... I attribute my issue to my new "denture implants" ... EVERY TIME I eat, I Suck AIR ... all of that excess air goes right into the nooks and crannies (especially since I have lost the weight) and gets Trapped and mainly on my right side lower abdomen (right above pelvic bone radiating up to under my right shoulder blade) for the longest time I thought I had a torn/strained inner oblique muscles or something attributed to my Zumba classes.  I have KNOWN INTUITIVELY that it is NOT a "major disease" ... WHY?  because once the gas is passed ... I AM GREAT again ;o)
~*~
Now please understand ... I know that most people don't have dentures ... and I only have the bottom ... but, some people have partial dentures, teeth missing  ... a host of dental issues could attribute to this ... in EVERY post I read not one person brought this up.  No Doctor OR Dentist addresses this issue ...
~*~
If you have been tested and retested for Digestive Issues ... I implore you to look into dental issues ... knowing this I am making an appointment first thing tomorrow with my dentist to have these appliance refitted, realigned ... and if that does not work, I will seek a new dentist and have a new set made.  I have suffered long enough with this and truly it is all of you and your sharing that made this revelation even more prevalent!  I choose not to go and have all these procedures done with the possibility of having something removed ... I KNOW and so do You ... TRUSTING your "GUT FEELING" (no pun intended ;oP) ... if you have trapped gas, especially if you have had all these procedures done and everything comes up negative or they have you on all kinds of meds ... you are somehow SUCKING WAY TO MUCH AIR which is getting trapped causing you these pains ... now with that said, if you have serious issues and FEEL that something is seriously wrong ... do not hesitate to seek medical advice.  Almost every post on the "trapped gas" thread shared the same ... but, not one post attributed any of the issues to DENTAL issues!  I KNOW this is my problem ...
~*~
Your digestion begins in the mouth ... you have to have the correct digestive juices, enzymes ... for everything further down the pike to work in unison.  If something in your mouth is out of wack ... or has issue ... even a molar that has been removed and you chew, you are getting more "air" than normal!
~*~
I have tried them all ... jumping, hubs patting my back, yoga, hot water bottles, ice packs, apple cider vinegar (ACV), alka seltzer, peppermint tea, gallstonex, beano, club soda, baking soda and water, ginger ale, charcoal, essential enzymes, gas-x, mylanta, prevacid, painkillers and so and so on!  
~*~
It's always worse later in the day, night time ... better by morning and it starts all over again ... you've had a full day of "sucking air" and some or much of it has gotten trapped.  I dread to eat ... and now choose very carefully ... which ***** as I love cooking!
~*~
I feel the pains in the lower right, under the rib cage radiates up and under my shoulder blade (common for gallbladder issues), heart gets squeezed and palpitates for a bit, get flushed and sweaty from the bloating up like I'm 9 months pregnant ~~~ it's horrible!  and for some extremely scary!  
~*~
I hope this helps someone ... I knew when I finished 3 hours of reading the other thread ... I needed to share this and you can do your own research ... and most importantly, nobody KNOWS YOU like YOU DO ... Trust what you FEEL ... and go from there!  ;o)  (I am also a Spiritual Teacher) ~ LOL)
~*~
I am so Grateful for this site and ALL of you that shared your experiences on the other thread.  I am going to post this post on that one too ... I wanted to share a NEW thread bringing my issue to current time!  I will come back and share what happens!  ;o)
courty
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.