Unexplained Breathing Problems

So since June, ive had this sensation that i cant take deep, satisfying breaths that fill up my lungs. I cant complete yawns anymore either, and i generally feel like my capacity has been reduced and it just feels like my chest is tighter. I do have an anxiety disorder, but its not only like this when im anxious. Like i said, its been going on for 3 months, and i havent even been able to get one normal deep breath like i used to in that span of time. I saw a lung specialist, did the test where you blow into the machine, and i was told my results were normal.  How can this be? I dont feel like i can breathe as well as i used to. Im supposed to go in for one more test but the doctor seemed pretty convinced that i was fine. So then what could be making me feel this way? (I know some are going to say anxiety, but i reiterate, this has been a constant thing since june, im still like this even when completely relaxed). My heart has been thoroughly checked as well so nothing going on there.
Hi, i went through exactly what you did. I felt like I couldn't breathe all the time even though the spirometer tests were normal and I was scared about it. Have you seen a speech therapist? It made a world of a difference for me. What happened is, and I know this sounds crazy, but your body has probably forgotten how to breathe. Since anxiety makes people have bad breathing patterns, even when you're not anxious, you can feel out of breath. I laughed when I was told to go to a speech therapist but I was oh so wrong. It won't get better right away though.. I did breathing exercises for about four months until I felt my problem completely subside. I forced myself to exercise even though I felt out of breath because that also trains your body how to breathe correctly. Bottom line, go see a speech therapist. It will help. :)

You are reading content posted in the Respiratory Disorders Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.