Wheezing upon inhalation

I had a pretty severe case of sinusitis/cold last month - felt like it was almost entirely on R side. Was on Omnicef for 10 days, but the cold never went away totally.

Several days ago, I started to have a very loud wheeze/rattle upon inhalation - feels like it's the right side only as well as a mildly rapid heartbeat.

Went to the MD, he said I had bronchitis and put me on prednisone, Zithromax, and inhaler. But I have to say that I don't feel at all like I have bronchitis and the inhaler didn't do a thing - I'm not having trouble breathing. Despite the wheeze, I have no trouble breathing (just noise and the feeling of something rattling).  And it really feels like it's solely in the right lung.

I did have a few days of fairly severe reflux last week, don't know if that is related.

Can you provide any direction?
Can you give me any ideas on
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
This may simply be a reactive response of your airways to the infection.  It might take a little while to completely go away. The inhaler might be the cause of the increased heart rate, if it is albuterol.  If this is of concern, I would speak to your physician.

Whether it is located in one part of your lung is difficult to tell without an examination or possibly an x-ray.  If these symptoms persist, speak to your physician about this, too.
I will watch your question with interest, I have pretty much the same sensation but on the opposite side, down low.
Began after I had bronchitis mid way through this year, and comes and goes.
I don't seem to have any cold symtpoms (get allergy symptoms and same as you had a bout of reflux last week.
I should mention too I have had a clear xray (during the bronchitis when it started)

Good luck with your question, here is hoping we might find the answer :)
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker