Respiratory Disorders Community

Who should get rsv IG?

My 6yr old son died due to complication from RSV in Feb. 2008. He did get Synagis until his third winter. He was in the hospital for most of RSV season his first two years and did not get RSV. The next year we were denied Synagis due to the cost. He ended up on a vent in the PICU for a week. The following winter he spent 10 days in the hospital with RSV. This year he spent the first week in PICU and the next two week on Eccmo. He died on his 6th birthday.
  We never even heard of RSV IG. Who is a candidate for this med? I just feel like there is a piece the puzzle missing. I feel that I was just not informed of all our opptions. What do you think?  
I HAVE A 61/2 MONTH OLD SON, WHO IS CURRENTLY IN THE HOSPITAL. HE ENDED UP IN THE ER 3 DAYS AGO, BECAUSE HE HAD CAUGHT A COLD& WAS VERY SICK, COUGHING, FEVER, AND LOOKING VERY PALE. AND WHEN WE GOT THERE, THEY CHECKED HIS VITALS, AND HIS o2 STAT WAS AT 62%, VERY LOW. SO HE WAS ADMITTED IMMETIATLY AND FLOWN TO THE NEAREST CITY..THERE HE WAS TESTED (+) FOR RSV, A RESPIRATORY VIRUS, WHICH IS WHERE WE ARE NOW, SO FAR HE IS DOING OK., BUT I CANT HELP BUT WORRY ABOUT HIM. _I NOTICED TODAY THAT HIS RIGHT EYE ( DOESNT OPEN AS MUCH )IS LOWER THAN HIS LEFT. AND I AM WONDERING IF THAT IS A LONG TERM PERMANENT THING, IS HIS EYE GONNA BE LIKE THAT FROM NOW ON? MAYBE BECAUSE WHEN HE WAS TAKEN TO THE ER HIS o2 SATURATION WAS SO LOW???
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.