Respiratory Disorders Forum

broncho-tracheal-laryngal malacia

I am the father of 4 children. My first three where premees. The last child was full term. He is now 13 months old. When he was 2 months old He started having breathing problems (wheezing), we also noticed that sometimes he would turn blue or even purple. He has been diagnosed with bronchomalcia, laringalmalacia, and trachealmalacia. We were also told that he has a severe case of acid reflux. He has had rsv(twice) and has had pneumonia. We are being told that he should out grow this at about 2 years old, but nothing I have been able to find supports this. Can anyone help me find more information about this. I have not been able to find out much info on this. Let alone any cases of having all three malacias. Thank you
While he might not completely outgrow this condition by 2 years of age, wheezing at rest is usually gone by 5 years of age, and the prognosis is good, because airflow improves as the airways grow.  It is good news that his doctors diagnosed the acid reflux.  Effective treatment of this would be very important to prevent any further damage to his airways.  This can often be accomplished with medicine, but in some instances the prevention of reflux requires surgery.  When uncontrolled, reflux can be a cause of recurrent pneumonia and asthma.

Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is pretty much related to age.  That is, as he ages, the frequency of RSV should progressively diminish.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.