Respiratory Disorders Community

can trapped gas cause soreness, sharp or stabbing type pains in chest?

Hi, i was wondering if trapped gas can cause chest soreness, chest tightness, shortness of breath, stabbing pain which is severe enough to think you are having a serious heart problem. and if the answer is yes, how does one go about solving this trapped gas problem?

Thanks.
I get this from time to time and have anxiety. I've even had a nuclear stress test . . . results normal. I also get the pains in my left and right chest and lower abdomen, but it always goes away. Eat light until it passes.
Hi, my husband has suffered this same problem for I know at least four years now, and it doesn't matter what he eats or when. He may be fine for a day a week or a month, and then all the sudden he says he feels like he's weak and dizzy and feels like someone is poking his heart with a needle, his arm near his arm pit with hurt. He burps alot and it releaves some of the discomfort. Various other things as well. Generally he said he gets a "funny" feeling throughout his body. We went to the doctor years ago for it, and all they told us was it was because he had a fever of 98.9,(fever?)!! I was wondering if and what the doctors have told you about it, I plan on researching to see what can be done. This is the first time I have heard of someone having a similar problem, it's nice to know.
Hi, is it usually in your abdomen too? I just thought about that and my husband has never said anything about it being in his right chest or abdomen. He does have high cholesterol. But I was just wondering. Thanks
last night,. i had 3-4 simultaneous stabbing pains that lasted 2-3 seconds in the sternum/heart area, VERY scary very uncomfortable. i do not know if this was GAS or if it was ACID REFLUX
the docs always say either its ACID REFLUX or its "anxiety or stress" related. And yes when im full of gas, i am bloated , have a weird sensation in the body, a lil dizzy,. but once i release it, its like such a relief ! bloating goes away, i feel so good, but its hard to release it.
is your husband on any medications? did he start any medications right before this problem started?
Hi I'm  searching for answers I am 22 now and I have bad acid reflex problems  I have had this problem since I was a kid most of the times it comes at night when I'm sleeping I get pains in my stomach pocket so I tries to force myself to throw up and when I do it taste like lots of C sometimes it's clear or yellow I have not had the greatest  eating experience so I'm trying to find answers or whether I should eat differently or what shall I do
Hi I'm  searching for answers I am 22 now and I have bad acid reflex problems  I have had this problem since I was a kid most of the times it comes at night when I'm sleeping I get pains in my stomach pocket so I tries to force myself to throw up and when I do it taste like lots of Acid sometimes it's clear or yellow I have not had the greatest  eating experience so I'm trying to find answers or whether I should eat differently or what shall I do
Sounds like it could be PCS (Precordial Catch Syndrome). It's a symptom caused by a trapped nerve and will always occur on the left side of chest, pretty much were you would feel your heart beating.

If this occurs frequently in adults (a number of times per year) it could be related to the back. If this is the case, try swimming regularly using the breast stroke.

A Google search for "wiki pcs" will give you more information.
Hi , i have arrived at this site after spending 2 visists to emergency department and several visits toa doctor. I have had very similar problems as decribed. sometimes i feel fine i think im over what ever it is , then i wake in the night feeling nausea, light headed, wierd sensantions through most of my upper body and back, i feel stabbing pains and sometimes i can actually see movment in my chest from gas passing through me. I feel asthough every breath i take is like breathing some toxic gas it does'nt feel like im breathing normal air . Seems to happen no matter what i eat and it seems to always hit me during the night. i can't get any answers im always told its reflux ...i have had reflux for 20+ years and i have never experienced these kind of symptoms from it. only relief i get is if i pass alot of wind and drink lots of water , i also cant manage to empty my bowls properly , always have diahrea and can only manage small ammounts per day sometimes 2 days between.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?