Respiratory Disorders Community

can trapped gas cause soreness, sharp or stabbing type pains in chest?

Hi, i was wondering if trapped gas can cause chest soreness, chest tightness, shortness of breath, stabbing pain which is severe enough to think you are having a serious heart problem. and if the answer is yes, how does one go about solving this trapped gas problem?

Thanks.
I get this from time to time and have anxiety. I've even had a nuclear stress test . . . results normal. I also get the pains in my left and right chest and lower abdomen, but it always goes away. Eat light until it passes.
Hi, my husband has suffered this same problem for I know at least four years now, and it doesn't matter what he eats or when. He may be fine for a day a week or a month, and then all the sudden he says he feels like he's weak and dizzy and feels like someone is poking his heart with a needle, his arm near his arm pit with hurt. He burps alot and it releaves some of the discomfort. Various other things as well. Generally he said he gets a "funny" feeling throughout his body. We went to the doctor years ago for it, and all they told us was it was because he had a fever of 98.9,(fever?)!! I was wondering if and what the doctors have told you about it, I plan on researching to see what can be done. This is the first time I have heard of someone having a similar problem, it's nice to know.
Hi, is it usually in your abdomen too? I just thought about that and my husband has never said anything about it being in his right chest or abdomen. He does have high cholesterol. But I was just wondering. Thanks
last night,. i had 3-4 simultaneous stabbing pains that lasted 2-3 seconds in the sternum/heart area, VERY scary very uncomfortable. i do not know if this was GAS or if it was ACID REFLUX
the docs always say either its ACID REFLUX or its "anxiety or stress" related. And yes when im full of gas, i am bloated , have a weird sensation in the body, a lil dizzy,. but once i release it, its like such a relief ! bloating goes away, i feel so good, but its hard to release it.
is your husband on any medications? did he start any medications right before this problem started?
Hi I'm  searching for answers I am 22 now and I have bad acid reflex problems  I have had this problem since I was a kid most of the times it comes at night when I'm sleeping I get pains in my stomach pocket so I tries to force myself to throw up and when I do it taste like lots of C sometimes it's clear or yellow I have not had the greatest  eating experience so I'm trying to find answers or whether I should eat differently or what shall I do
Hi I'm  searching for answers I am 22 now and I have bad acid reflex problems  I have had this problem since I was a kid most of the times it comes at night when I'm sleeping I get pains in my stomach pocket so I tries to force myself to throw up and when I do it taste like lots of Acid sometimes it's clear or yellow I have not had the greatest  eating experience so I'm trying to find answers or whether I should eat differently or what shall I do
Sounds like it could be PCS (Precordial Catch Syndrome). It's a symptom caused by a trapped nerve and will always occur on the left side of chest, pretty much were you would feel your heart beating.

If this occurs frequently in adults (a number of times per year) it could be related to the back. If this is the case, try swimming regularly using the breast stroke.

A Google search for "wiki pcs" will give you more information.
Hi , i have arrived at this site after spending 2 visists to emergency department and several visits toa doctor. I have had very similar problems as decribed. sometimes i feel fine i think im over what ever it is , then i wake in the night feeling nausea, light headed, wierd sensantions through most of my upper body and back, i feel stabbing pains and sometimes i can actually see movment in my chest from gas passing through me. I feel asthough every breath i take is like breathing some toxic gas it does'nt feel like im breathing normal air . Seems to happen no matter what i eat and it seems to always hit me during the night. i can't get any answers im always told its reflux ...i have had reflux for 20+ years and i have never experienced these kind of symptoms from it. only relief i get is if i pass alot of wind and drink lots of water , i also cant manage to empty my bowls properly , always have diahrea and can only manage small ammounts per day sometimes 2 days between.
Im a 35 year old female about four days ago I started having this pain in my chest on my left side under my breast and ribcage area it hurst bad when i breath in . It even hurts when I move a certain way . I went to the ER and they couldnt find any thing .it feels like gas ,i have taken everything over thecounter for gas i can find and nothing has helped. I know im not crazy I dont like pain and this pain that im feeling in just too much to bear if anyone have a solution please help .
This has happened to on and off for years and I am not dead yet. It took me a long time to figure out what it was because it can be confused with heart symptoms. It is very uncomfortable, but it goes away. Now I don' t get worried - just annoyed. I have no other symptoms.
I have the same symptoms. It seems to move from left side of chest to right side. I normally take acid reflux pills, sometimes add Beano. No go away but with time. My lungs sound good to the doctor. Certain movements cause the pain, mostly at night. I'm going to the doctor soon to report it & I'm going to give her this site address so she can see I'm not alone. That does help just knowing that. My wife keeps telling me she thinks it's gas. We'll see, unless you might have any suggestions at this time?
Hi cakes35, I am 26, female and currently going through the exact thing you described. My pain is also only on the left side, it hasn't moved like sheani123's did. It's in the exact spot you described, hurts when I move, breathe, bend over --I'm going crazy with the pain and confused because the ER doc couldn't find anything wrong after the chest X-Ray and EKG. He says it could be pleursy (which I don't think it is) and I've almost started wondering if it's a pulmonary embolism! It's very painful and the lortab they gave me makes me puke, even though I've only taken a half of a tablet with food. :(

--cakes35, it's been a few weeks for you...I hope you come back to check this post --I'd really love to see what you found out, and what your condition is... Please update us and keep us posted!
Thanks for the post ppl i am having the same problem here, the right side of my chest have a severe it felt like someone took a needle and poke me
i need to go to the doctor to check it out. By the way i burp a lot . this is the first time this happen to me  ,  help plzzzzzzz
Hi, im a 20 yr. old female. i have been having horrible chest, stomach and back pains. i know it is gas. i can feel it moving around in my stomach. and when i push on my stomach, it moves arounnd and i feel sharp pains. the pain shoots up through my neck, then to my shoulders and down to my arms.if anyone has any idea of what this might be, please give me your opinion. thanks!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.