Respiratory Disorders Community

dysphagia

My mother is 57 years old and has a pretty significant medical history.  She was placed on a vent with sepsis, but has been breathing on her own for about 2 months.  She is also on a feeding tube.  Recently she went out to  the hospital with aspiration pneumonia.  She ran a temperature and she went to the hospital and placed back on the vent in serious  condition.  She was weaned off 2 times and was doing well and alert, but then had to be put back on the vent.  She was then moved back to the nursing home without the vent and sure enough had to be back on it.  While a the nursing home on the vent she was alert and answering questions.  After about 2 weeks she went back to the hospital with the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis and vomiting/ GI bleed.  She is not doing well now.  I was wondering if  the decrease in status is mainly due to the acute pancreatitis now?  My mother's lungs are clear, just diminished but she is still on the vent with the acute pancreatitis
Thank you for your time
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?