I'm looking at your post, and wondering if you got a response from anyone. I did almost the same thing only it was a potato chip, and it was about a month ago. I have had pain in my left lung since I did it, and the pain moves. It started to hurt just under my left wing for about the first two weeks, but now has moved toward the front of my body -- just behind my left breast. I don't have any insurance currently, and so haven't gone to the doctor. But the pain seems to be getting sharper.
I am wondering if it will dissolve in my lung, or just continue to hurt until it's removed.
If you get a response, please forward it to me. Thanks
If you are in good health you should be fine.
What happened to you is called aspiration and it's actually quite common. It can cause big problems in sick people or people who aren't mobile though. Whatever type of food or foreign material is aspirated can cause pneumonia, or obstruct part of the lung - decreasing the amount of oxygen a person is able to inhale. Don't worry about it staying there it will eventually break down and come out with mucus.
I hope this answered your question.
What happened with the raisin did any doctor find it in your lungs? The same thing happened to me
I was actually eating oatmeal and raisins and aspirated a raisin. Had trouble breathing so went to the ER where they did a cat scan. Nothing was found but because of my symptoms they hospitalized me on prednisone and antibiotics. On the 3rd day during a shower before discharge I coughed up a big juicy raisin. I coughed for awhile afterwards but chest felt better immediately. If I hadn't coughed that out I would have been back with a very serious pneumonia case.