Aa
A
A
A
Close
Respiratory Disorders Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

lump in throat sensation

I had rigid bronchoscopy done one week ago and have a sensation that something is in my throat since. Sometimes I have a hard time swallowing and sometimes it feels like I am being choked. Its on my left side. Is there anything to worry about? I am having a needle biopsy done in one week. Should I just wait until then to say anything?
Thank you
1 Responses
242588 tn?1224271700
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
What you are feeling is probably a superficial abrasion of your throat.  That can be very irritating but will spontaneously subside.  However, there is the remote possibility of a more serious injury that could result in infection and/or leakage of air and liquid.  This is unlikely, in your case, given that a week has passed without your developing fever or other serious signs or symptoms.  You should definitely notify the doctor who performed the bronchoscopy, immediately, so that he/she can decide if further investigation is warranted and, if so, with what degree of urgency.

Good luck.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.