Respiratory Disorders Community

pus as the result of asthma????

A 49 year old woman diagnosed with asthma for about 14 years, but no severe attack was observed until 2 years ago qua now she is suffering from it notably. it is at least for several months that pus forces out from her lungs after lots of coughs and recurrent episodes of wheezing still continues . No CT, X-ray or ultrasonography has been taken yet.
I just want to know whether the pus is the result of asthma or I should consider the other possibilities such as pleural effusion, empyema , pneumonia, lung abscess and so on...????
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Is it a lung abscess? An abscess is a collection of pus and a lung abscess can follow a pneumonia. If a person has lung abscess, besides cough she will have other symptoms like high temperature and will be toxic.

Asthma can predispose to lung infections as a result of phlegm collections. This is usually diagnosed by spirometry.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your sincere answer,
Regards
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.