reccuring pneumonia

I am a 26 year old female. I do not smoke. However, I have been unfortunant enough to have a dad and step mother and a lot of other family members on my dad's side who do smoke so I was around it a lot growing up. I was diagnosed with Asthma at around the age of 12.  I have been on an albuteral inhaler since then. Most of the time my asthma is well controled with the albuteral inhaler. I also have some pretty bad sinus blockage. I have had bronchitis since I was little. I got it 2 times a year without fail. Once in the summer time and then once again in the winter time. Now on to my question. In November of last year I developed walking pneumonia. Then in December I developed pneumonia and was hospitalized for 2 days. While in the hospital I was given breathing treatments every 6 hours with albuteral and something else. Then in February I developed walking pneumonia again. Then in April I was hospitalized at John Peter Smith Hospital for an automobile accident and while in the hospital they were worried I was trying to get pneumonia again. Here it is October and I've just been diagnosed with pneumonia again. I have been urged by 2 doctors now to see a Pulminologist. I have an appointment set up for the 9th of November. I have also gotten a nebulizer and the albuteral to go with it. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the continuous pneumonia? If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I"ll do my best to answer.

Leighanne
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Check your not a mouth breather sleeping as well , this cause over breathing dry mouth pneumonia,sinus blockage, a gas in your sinus stealizers your in breath through your nose only preventing infection. Remember any medication inhaled is causing hyperventlation
I would go see an Immunologist! They can do blood work to check your immune system.