Respiratory Disorders Forum

reoccurring?

Hello, 10 years ago I had an abcess on my left lung, now I am having simiar pains.  When I breathe I have really bad pain in my back near my shoulder blade.  The dr did an x-ray and said there was nothing wrong, it has been three weeks now , and sometimes I can barely breathe, any ideas what this may be???  THanks so much~~Phaircutter
Any pain this persistent must be evaluated further.  There can be something wrong even when the chest x-ray looks all right.  A pulmonologist would be the type of specialist to identify a lung problem and the best treatment.

This may not be another abscess.  It could be a muscular pain even without an injury.  It could also be pleurisy.  This is inflammation or irritation of the pleura, the sac that holds the lungs.  Usually this doesn
Since you have breathing problems, ask for a referral to a pulmonologist. Maybe you need a CT scan. If symptoms become severe, go to Urgent Care or ER. The squeaking wheel gets the grease.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?