spitting blood

recently this past few days, ive been spitting with blood. but not always, it is during i clear my throat. i have no chest ache nor a sore throat. ive planned on seeing a doctor this week. i just want to know if there is something wrong with me...
This might or might not be serious.  The likelihood of serious or not depends on your age.  For example, a non-smoker less than age 30, almost certainly benign vs a smoker over age 60 having a reasonable chance of the bleeding coming from a tumor.  Seriousness would depend on the source of the blood and could range anywhere from a slow nose bleed into the throat to a lung disease that is bleeding.  Examination of your nose and throat and maybe a CT of sinuses would be a good start, along with a chest x-ray.  You may have to have a direct examination of your throat and airways to find the source.  This is done with what is called a fiberoptic bronchoscope.

You should persist with the evaluation until one or another doctor can tell you the cause of the bleeding with certainty.
Could be a tumor or perhaps TB (rare).  See your physician.

You are reading content posted in the Respiratory Disorders Forum

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.