Respiratory Disorders Forum

throat pain

Four days ago I had surgery under general anesthesia. Since then my throat has been very sore and 'raw'. I thought it was from being intubated but today I noticed white patches in the back of my throat. What is the cause?
Part of what you are experiencing could, indeed, be from intubation irritation but the white patches are consistent with infection with the fungus called Monilia or Candida and oral Candidiasis, commonly called thrush.  It is a readily treatable throat condition.  Give your doctor a call and ask him if he agrees with this diagnosis.  If so, he/she can then prescribe an oral-suspension anti-fungal medicine.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.