Restless Leg Syndrome Community
109 Members

Recommend a Natural Cure

Hello, I know the misery of RLS and the only way you can temporarily find relief, if you are lying in bed, is to literally kick the leg straight, but then a minute later it's back again!  It's like horrible ants crawling in your legs.  I empathise with you who are experiencing it.  BUT, my friends, I can recommend a natural cure which works within 2 minutes!  My husband used to be a medical herbalist/homeopath, and luckily he had the herbs and tinctures at home.  One night I couldn't stand this RLS and wasn't getting sleep (neither was poor hubby!) and he gave me a glossy black herbal tablet which was a mix of Skullcap and Mistletoe.  Two minutes later I was like a baby off to sleep, no RLS.  You can get these tablets at a Homeopathic Clinic or sometimes through a Natural Health Food Store.  Good luck!
well,im going to try and find that and i pray it works for me..because ive had r.l.s for years and the past year it has gotten soooo bad,its really getting to be it starts off every night at around 7pm,and then its not only in my legs,but also in my arms too.it starts with the left side then switches..constantly!!!!!!all night!!!!every nite!!!!!it hutrs too!!!bad!!!i literally cannot stay still for more then 30 seconds!no exaggeration either!!!so,needless to say im not sleeping either.i take around 5 baths during night just to try and get a little relief.i dunno what to do..its so bad now..and my family thinks im exxagerating...is this restell leg?or maybe something more?jamee
I'm 70 and a longtime RLS sufferer.  A year or so back the local doctor's column discussed an RLS solution a reader submitted, namely taking a Tums or 2 before bedtime.  I didn't have any Tums on hand so tried a glass of milk instead (skim, but I think any will work).  Voila, no more RLS problems since then.
I too have RLS in my legs and arms and my doc wanted me to take Parkinsons meds but it just didn't sit well with me. I have been reading everything I could about this terrible syndrome and I found an article about Vitamin E. It said to take 200 mg 2 X's a day which I did and with in 20 minutes the restless symptoms were gone! I couldn't believe it butttttt-here's the problem....Vit E gives me a headache. I even tried taking it at lower doses and it still gives me a headache. I so far have kept taking it and dealing with the headache until I find something else. I would try it if I were you because I think most people don't experience negative symptoms and this low dose. Make sure the Vit E is natural not synthetic. Good Luck
I took a parkinson's medication for 3 years and found it helped a lot.  It was the generic Sinemet (carbidopa).  For me it was two pills every time I began to have problems and within 30 min. I found relief.  This one has been on the market for a long time which I liked. The lower amount that one takes there are few if any side effects.  A person with Parkinson's would take about 36 a day vs. my taking anywhere from 2 - 6 a day depending on the RLS severity.  So do not dismiss it if you are till having problems.  I personally had no side effects.  
Isn't mistletoe toxic??!!!! A nurse practitioner said it was..
who mentioned mistletoe??
Dinkydi48 did..said it was an ingredient in the pills she suggested????
oops missed that one!
Lol!
  I have RLS sometimes, I will stretch my leg as tight as I can and that helps some, finally it goes away, I also took OTC" Leg Cramps" tablets that helped, this is so annoying !
Has anyone ever had the leg jerks.. very hard ones ? I did when I was sick with a Tummy bug, my arm even jerked a few times , was scary, had never happened before, thought I could have been dehydrated a bit.
I have the worst restless legs at this moment in time. I have had it for over 15 yrs but the last week I feel like chopping off my legs.

What usually helps for me is putting cream on my feet then putting on some long baseball socks. LOL Looks funny but hey it seems to work 90% of the time.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease