Restless Leg Syndrome Community
109 Members

Restless Leg Syndrome

Restless Leg Syndrome or Limbic disorder or whatever it may be. I have read in this community of so many things. High histamine and glutamate level, but I did not find any comprehensive treatment for RLS. Can anybody let me know the medication and lifestyle modifications and anything else for the treatment of RLS. I an getting tired of this disease. When I go to sleep, I voluntarily move my leg otherwise I do not feel good. I need immediate advise.
For those with mild to moderate symptoms, certain lifestyle changes and activities to reduce or eliminate symptoms, may indeed help. Decreased use of caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco may provide some relief. Supplements to correct deficiencies such as iron, folate, and magnesium as well as taking a hot bath, massaging the legs, or using a heating pad or ice pack can help relieve symptoms. There are also medications that may be prescribed by your attending physician that may help. This condition generally a life-long and there is still no cure but current therapies can control the disorder, minimizing symptoms and increasing periods of restful sleep. Hope this helps. Take care and regards.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease