Aa
A
A
A
Close
Rheumatoid Arthritis Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

treatments

I am a 41 year old female that has a history of Hodgking Lymphoma (dx 12/06, finished chemo (abvd) in 07/07). I was dx with RA last September. I have been on Plaquenil- didn't tolerate it, constant nausea/vomitting, Arava (presently on) with Prednisone (stopped 12/09), tried Methotrexate injections (took 3, had constant vomitting with weight loss). I am in constant pain and need to find other treatment options. I have had an allergic reaction to PPD (I am a RN and have been exposed to TB during my career) so I am unable to have a PPD which rules out several meds and others are worrysome due to the risk of Lymphoma. I am trying to continue to work full time as an office RN for a home health company. I am not sleeping well and really need help. My Rheumatologist doesnt seem to know how to treat me now that I have tried 3 meds without much success. I really need some help. I have insurance and would even travel out of state (FL) to see another Rheumatologist for a second opinion. Please help!
1 Responses
1083596 tn?1313398276
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Dear Friend,
I can understand the problem you are facing.
Since you are having an insurance cover, you can go to any top hospital of your state or country.
I will not be able to name them as i am from India and hence have got less idea about your country.
I will, also, not be able to advice/prescribe you drugs online as i have not examined you personally. Also you are having few side effects of the already prescribed drugs. So treating this is little difficult.
You just need a good and understanding doctor, who can do a proper dose titration, to bail you out of this problem.
If you were in india , i could had referred you easily.
However feel free to discuss me, even if you have a slightest doubt.
Regards...
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches