Aa
A
A
A
Close
Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Left nostril plugged

I am wondering if someone in this forum can help me out since i do have a question relating to my nose.. Heres my question...Thank you in advance for the responses

I am 25 years old male and for a long time now(not exactly sure how long) my left nostril has become plugged. I am pretty sure it has to do with picking what i thought was hard snot( i know its gross) but turns out it wasnt and it bled for a awhile afterwords... anyways ever since that i am having a hard time breathing out of it... I do get some relief from sinus meds and saline wash but i cant imagine that taking that stuff is long term?. I have always been a mouth breather but this makes it worse... I  would assume anyone would suggest the only way to correct it is surgeory? But do i really have to go through that or is there other allternatives?

1 Responses
517274 tn?1211653449
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

It is difficult to give any advice without performing an examination to see the inside of your nose. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif
Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child