Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum

Rhinoplasty, Concerns for Singers.

Hello, I am considering getting rhinoplasty. I'm 18 years old, and I plan to pursue a career as a singer, and I will be off to a vocal conservatory in the fall of this year. I may have broken my nose when I was younger and I also have a severely deviated septum. My nose has a bump on the bridge, not huge, but noticable. It is also crooked, its pointed a little more to the left. Also, the tip is pretty bulbous and fleshy. So basically I want it straightened, the bumped removed, and the tip shaped smaller.

I have trouble sleeping, and I am a singer. I can't breathe through my nose right, so I sleep with my mouth open which dries out my vocal cords, which can irritate my voice. I also have terrible allergies.

So my questions is would rhinoplasty surgery to fix these thing adversely affect my singing voice? In addition, are there steps I can take to prevent any negative effects?

Any info, answering this would be great, especially from singers who have had a similar operation!
A related discussion, Voice after rhinoplasty. was started.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.