I live in Japan. During recent trip had unprotected sex with CSW. Details as follows:
* Day 1 - unprotected oral and brief unprotected vaginal sex with CSW
* Day 2 - 3 - penile discomfort (i.e., sore testicle, frequent urination, slight burning, NO discharge, NO pain)
* Day 3 - went to clinic in Japan - blood/urine sample taken and sent out for testing
* Day 3 - blood sample indicated elevated WBC - doctor prescribed FLOMOX (100g x 7days x 3/day) which I believe is a 2nd-Generation Cephalosporin
* Day 10 - test results negative for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Herpes, etc. - Doctor suggested NGU as cause; additional blood test indicated normal WBC
* Day 13 - 20 presence of very small pimple on upper-inner thigh raises Syphilis concern (this is not the first time i've had one, however given the timing...)
I'm posting here is because I don't speak Japanese well enough to be clear on everything the Doctor conveyed. As far as he's concerned I'm fine on all counts. At the same time having read through this forum I have concerns on the thoroughness of the testing given the timing of the samples taken.
Would appreciate then a response on the following:
1. Should I get re-tested for all HIV/STD's absent any further symptoms? If so, when?
2. If I was infected with an STD, which ones would have been treated by the FLOMOX prescription?
3. Although abstaining from all sexual activities with my girlfriend - is she at risk (assuming I still have some STD) of infection from other means of transmission (e.g., kissing, sharing food, etc.)?