STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

1 year later, symptoms

Male.Jan 24th 2006, protected sex with escort in another country. 5-10 sec of receiveing unprotected oral. Follow the day had symptoms of UTI for 2 weeks. Saw dr. went though many meds (doxy and another i forgot). Didnt seem to help (much) but symptoms of UTI went away...I've been dealing with the anxiety for a year about what i did, being in a happy relationship (long term)..its worn on me so much that I've been to the dr.s so much. I went on fluoxintine for a bit also, then stopped and actually started adderall for ADD which i stopped as it was to adictive...anyways, for the past 2 months I've been having constant loose stool and certain days i get the feeling i need to go pee contantly , only to have little come out. The stool is loose, very fluffy and almost disolve...also have a very dull sore throat, it's barely noticable. Dr. set me up for colonsocopy which i canceled cause i though i was getting better (and out of fear also). I never experiecned ARS in the past year, least that i recall...anyways, is this still in my head? is there maybe another kind of infection still lingering that i should get tested for? (i got HIV testing at about 3 month from exposure, neg). I focus on my health daily! scared about everything that comes up...even get white tounge one day, then none for 3-4 days, then it comes back...very faint white. Mouth is somewhat dry also. No pain anywhere, no discharge.
alos, i am always  tired...mornings are so hard to get going, driving 45 min to work is hard also. My stomach rumbles a good amount after eating, and for a good amount of time i would have to run to bathroom right after eating to go #2, which was all loose.
Sounds like all these antibiotics have killed off your "good" bacteria so that the "bad" bacteria can overgrow. This is a frequent cause of diarhea as well as fungal issues ( white tongue ).  You need to return to your doctor and give another urine specimen for them to send off to the lab as well as mention the tongue issues.

Most cvs stores now carry a product called culturelle - lactobacillus GG ( I think walmart is carrying it now too ).  You can also buy it easily online. It's nice because it doesn't need refridgerated like some probiotics do.  go to their website and read more about it and consider starting to take it for a month or so to see if you can't restore your "good" bacteria to counteract what the antibiotics have done to your body.  Continue to follow up with your doctor but this is also something to do on your own to help with the side effects of frequent antibiotics.

grace
Ok cool, I will try it...the other med i took with Cipro...I took Cipro and Doxy for about 1-2 months then stopped....about 4 month after exposure went on fluoxinetine for my nerves..stopped about 1 month in, wasnt sure it was working, then again back then i didnt have the ssymptoms like i have now....i then took about another 1.5 weeks worth in Sept (then ran out of prescription), started adderall daily in Aug, stopped 3 week ago.

Again, no pain, no discharge, just dry mouth, OCCASIONAL , not always white looking tounge (ill try to get a picture today if i see it) and small hint of sore throat...again, I've been a nervous wreck since all this happened. Still the very small occasion like i have to urinate....aside of getting retested, is it safe to rule out HIV?
we don't look at pictures here. if you are going to take a picture - take it along with you to your doctor's appointment.  Nothing replaces the expertise of a trained and experienced medical professional.  

grace
oh ok...i just thought the dr. forum didnt look at pics, sorry...yea ive been pretty good about going to the dr. too much in fact...its just that my PCP cant feel and experience the symptoms i have....and its doubtful that he is looking at the big picture (could this be from his exposure in Jan , or something else)....yanno.
Would you really trust total and complete strangers to diagnose from your pictures online? think about that one!!!  Might as well just go show mom and ask her what she thinks ;)

grace
I wouldnt expect a diagnose from you fine folk, but like another person posted some pictures about his lip and some whitish type dots , which are normal...i saw them and replied that I've had them all my life...etc. I went to the dr. when I had what i call "white tounge" and the dr saw it and was like, ahhh thats normal. I'm not sure what white tounge really is....my looks a bit furry and somedays its not white at all....anyways, thanks for everthing
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.