Aching Testsicles- Two Negative STD Tests

I had unprotected sex and about 2 weeks later started having aches in my testicles. No other symptoms. I went in for a Urine and Blood STD test 10 days out and received a negative result. I went in to see an urologist 24 days after the sexual encounter and the urine test came back negative again.

My question is: is it possible to have a STD that causes pain in the testicles after I had two negative tests? most cases of gonorrhea and chlamydia show up after 3 weeks correct? I also move furniture part time so my urologist thinks my symptoms might be caused by lifting. I plan on going back for a 3rd STD test after 3 months after contact, just to be sure.

I'm worried I have a STD that didn't show up after two negative tests. Am I worrying too much? Thanks
1. No
2. Gonorrhea in about 3 days, chlamydia 50+% will show symptoms by 2 weeks, but you have negative tests so it is neither of those.
3. I would agree with the injury aspect.
4. This would not be gonorrhea or chlamydia.
Thank you so much for the response. I'm going to wait to get the full STD test 12 weeks out from the sexual encounter just to be sure, but hopefully it's just a lifting injury.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.