STDs / STIs Community

Am I overreacting?

I have been having unprotected sex with someone for a few weeks now. As always, I went to the doctor for a STD screening afterwards. I have been suffering from BV for about four months now and was prescribed Metronidazole for six months. My symptoms cleared up for the most part, but the antibiotics can be a little sickening. I asked my GYN if there was anything I could do to prevent the BV. She examined me, swabbed me, and gave me a few suggestions of how to prevent BV. One of the suggestions was apple cider vinegar. She said it wouldn’t hurt to dilut a little apple cider vinegar with water and insert it in my vagina. I went home and took a bath with apple cider vinegar in it. I also took a q-tip with water and the vinegar and swabbed my vagina. It BURNED!! I feel as if my vagina has not felt the same since. I got my test results back a few days later and everything came back negative. I was worry free until it began to hurt when I urinated. I went to the ER whwre they tesed my urine for a UTI. It came back negative. The pills they gave me cleared everything up as far as my bladder. I was urinating when I felt a little sting by my clitoris. I thought I had cut myself shaving so I checked and there were two little pimple bumps. They hadn’t been bothering me at all until I urinated. I immediately thought herpes. I went to the ER again where they took a look. One doctor said it could be that my pee was irritating my vagina, another said it looked a lot like herpes. They took a swab of the bumps. They said there were more “sores” which I do not see anything when I spread my legs apart and look in the mirror.  The two little bumps no longer sting when I pee. I have been a WORRIED MESS about this. I scheduled an appointment with my GYN to take a look. She said she did not see anything concerning the during the last visit. Is there any other reason this could be happening?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.