STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Anxious

I had sex about 3 years ago, with someone i did not know very well, and I was single. The condom broke. I was in france at the time, and when I came back to Germany, I went to a obgyn for an exam and for an IUD. I was examined and swabbed with multiple swabs and let go. I asked for a test and never heard any results the next time I came in, so i assumed all was ok. I got the iud and left. Since I got the iud I have been in a very commited monogamous relationship.

Maybe it is just guilt from having a one night stand but sometimes I get very anxious thinking that maybe I might have caught something and I don't know it. My Husband and I don't use condoms and my world would shatter if he got something from me. He had surgery for his shoulder and I figured they would have done tests for bloodwork, and if there was something, the doctors would say. Now I find out that bloodwork before surgery doesn't include alot of tests.

I never had any acute symptoms after the time the condom broke with the other person. And I have never had symptoms of anything else. My mom had a false positive recently, but they did another test and turns out she is clear. I am worried that if I go get tested, my husband will think I was trying to hide something from him, and he will leave me. DH has a crazy temper and is very jealous. What should I do??  Am I over thinking all of this just because I feel guilty over a one night stand?

Today I have a swollen lymph node in each armpit, but I just visited a friend with cats (I am slightly allergic) and I started a different deoderant (which i hear can cause swolen nodes too). I am also spotting a little bit even though my period finished 2 days ago. Please help?
someone please help??
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, you didn't really ask a question about STD's.

Also this is a volunteer forum, we are here when we can be here and answer questions in the order they come in.
The question is: could I have contracted something 3 years ago from a broken condom? I thought i was tested but I found out the doctor might not have been thorough (language barrier). No symptoms, but guilt and anxiety overwhelming.
you wouldn't be having symptoms such as you've posted about now from a std contracted 3 years ago.

bottom line is, if you are concerned and you aren't sure what all you were tested for at the time, repeat your std testing - gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, hiv and hepatitis. the peace of mind will be worth it if you are still worried about it 3 years later.

grace
thanks grace I will find a good doctor today.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.