STDs / STIs Community

Any insight!

5 months ago I had unprotected vaginal sex. 3 weeks later I began having ARS symptoms. I got tested at 39, 60, and 92 days for HIV, all negative. Last night I stumbled upon something called HTLV. Could this be the source of my symptoms and is it a common STD here in the U.S.???
move on.
stop looking stuff up
Move on!?? Stop looking stuff up?? Common you can do better than that... It is easy to say when you are not the person going through the situation. It is obvious to me that something is not right with my body. So please be a little more sensitive than; move on.
I've read a few of your posts from the  hiv forums.   none of the symptoms you had sound like they are std related at all.

htlv is very rare in the US.  

have you follow up for non-std related causes with your providers?

grace
Thanks Grace. I thought for sure it was HIV and am certain it must be an STD considering the symptoms came on 3 weeks after unprotected intercourse. Last week I had a bruise type looking lesion on my skin that looked like internal bleeding. From most places I've read, that seems to happen in compromised immune system... As for doctors, all they have told me is that its NOT HIV... Thoughts... Please.
FT the reason I told  you to move on is because you have non stop post about an issue of which you've already been given a conclusive result. You don't have HIV, and the more we give you responses to your questions the more you will feed on it. If youre not confident then get tested again, and again and again until you believe your results. You dont have it be happy with the fact you don't have it and protect yourself in the future and live a GREAT STRONG HEALTHY LIFE.

Anything that is abnormal to your body have it seen by a provider, skin issues should be seen by a dermatologist. I'm sorry to be harsh but you have to either believe your conclusive results and move on or be miserable and stressed out for awhile
also, I didn't read all of your post but if you haven't yet been tested for STDs then get tested

HSV- 4months post
Syphilis- 6-8 weeks post
Chlamydia Gono- 7 days post
Ok, here's the deal... Yes I have tested negative for HIV out to 3 months thankfully, and NO, I do not expect my results to change at a 6 month test (God-willingly) which the CDC states you shoul take if you have reason to believe you might have been infected. Conservative? Yes, I agree but considering all the symtoms I've had that suggest a weakened immune system, I must continue to pursue... But now, I stumble upon another STD that also causes a weaken immune system and I'm not supposed to investigate about it?? And the reason I continue to link it to an STD is because of the timing of my complications after possible exposure... And yes, I've tested for syphilis, gona, chlamydia and HSV... So please understand why I just can't "move on".
Thats fine but you should seek professional help for OCD, stress and anxiety. I unfortunetly will not feed your fire how ever here is a great journal you should read

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/190748/Exceptions-That-Prove-The-Rule?personal_page_id=932698
This website also has an anxiety community which is something you might want to check out.

You are looking for a reason to have a STD or HIV. You are connecting nothing with something. You do not have a weak immune system. You are connecting a bruise with internal bleeding...irrational thinking. This is why I suggest the anxiety forum.
Ok guys, OCD, anxiety and stress can cause a swollen lymph node by my ear, burning feet sensation and a MP rash on my back?? What's the anxiety forum going to do for that?! How about thrush, athletes foot and jock itch? Not a sign of a weakened immune system??? Is a MP rash not a sign of a VIRUS infection?? Yes I do have anxiety but not all the axiety in the world could cause these symptoms. Now on Joggens's journal, it was eloquently written and it does apply to lots of people here but even the dod's here have told manyp people that they "don't doubt that their symptoms are real but that they know its not caused by HIV" . So the question arises, can it be HTLV or what other virus or infection and why can we rule it out ( is it common?). And like Joggens post said about causing people anxiety with what if scenerios and the likes, all we and me here want to know, if not HIV, what is causing these health issues??
If not HIV then what...only a Dr can tell you, we can't because it is not a STD.
HTVL not an STD? How common is it here in the U.S.?
It's
not HIV, I thought I had HIV
but it turns out it's NGU
absolutely nothing you've mentioned is a sign of a weakened immune system.  You had a bruise - well who hasn't?  I don't know about others but I know I often notice bruises in the shower that I certainly can't remember even banging up against something to get one.  

Your anxiety is making you think everything that is going on in your body must be something "significant" needlessly. Symptoms started 3 weeks post encounter - lots of opportunities in 3 weeks to pick up all sorts of infections that aren't std related. Just breathing is a risk for infection as is touching a shopping cart or signing for using a credit card at the check out counter.  You've covered your std bases from your encounter - no reason for any more testing.  

fungal infections are incredibly common. I betcha at least 1/2 of the posters on this board have had either jock itch/yeast vaginitis or athletes foot .  really no reason to think you have hiv or some sort of exotic disease.  

I've glanced through your posts and it seems that nothing we say to you at this point is going to convince you that this isn't a std going on.  I think at this point your issues are more than online forums can handle. You need to seek out professional help. Please do not continue posting about this - you don't have a std so no need to post here.

grace
Not enough where I can find any credible info on a number of people in the US.
Ok, that's cool Vance. I appreciate the response.

@Grace; HTLV an exotic disease? Really?

@Macneer; NGU=HIV? What were your symptoms?
COMMUNITY LEADER
HTLV is very rare in the US and other developed countries.

NGU in no way at all = HIV.

I really hope you get help.  It sounds as if you need it.
Thank you very much for the reply. I was just perplexed at how he went from HIV to NGU... Anyway, AJ, I just finished reading a great thread you had with someone named "overstressed". I'm not saying that is what I have because I have no idea. I know there are many viruses out there and am hoping what I have is curable... If you can give me any insight from reading my posts that can be of help it would be greatly appreciated.
NGU does not st all equal HIV. I had an unprotected encounter and had all types of symtooms (mainly due to anxiety and reading about symptoms on the Internet). It turned out I only had NGU but I felt like I had HIV, and everything else under the sun because every symptom on the net seemed to fit what I felt...

Calm down, take the necessary tests and you'll be happy with your negative results
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.