STDs / STIs Community

Blood Donation

Hi I am heterosexual male and a regular blood donor attending every 12 weeks. I've just found out that a previous sexual partner has contracted HIV. it has been over 9 months since I slept with her. What should I do?
nothing you need to do if you last donated blood at least 3 months after you had last had sex with that partner.

grace
Hi Grace,

Thanks for your replay, you've taken a large weight of my mind.
I have donated at least 3 times since last having sex with her, she has only just been diagnosed following about a 6 week illness
always make sure you and partners get full std testing that includes herpes igg blood testing prior to unprotected sex. keeps you from worrying about things like this as well as protects you :)
Hi Grace,

After this scare I will be very safe!
I'm due to give blood on Thursday, when I last had sex with this woman she was not diagnosed and as far as I was aware free from invention; I can't account for her sexual activity since then. Do I need to discuss this with a blood donor nurse or do I assume that my previous 3 donations would have been screened and check so I've been lucky?
I wouldn't bother bringing it up.  I know their questions have a few about have you ever had sex with someone who has hiv and such but you've tested negative a few times now and they use the best blood testing for hiv out there so I wouldn't worry about it.  
Thanks again Grace, I really appreciate your advice as you have stopped me stressing; can I just ask your background?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.