STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Bumps....

On January 2nd of this year I received oral sex from someone who I was told was “clean”. The oral sex consisted all of 5 minutes with my penis outside of the persons mouth most of the time being jerked and licked. The next day I noticed small red bumps around my penis close to the head going about 75% around the shaft as well as bumps around the base of the head of my penis and a reddish change in color on the head that comes and goes. The bumps are whitish/reddish/skin colored. I went to the hospital 2 weeks after the initial contact and asked the doctor and he said it is not herpes. I feel though that he would need a real test to be sure. He diagnosed me with contact dermatitis and that it would go away if I slowed down on masturbating and switched any shower gels that might be the cause for this skin reaction to my penis. I have somewhat taken these measures. I can say that the area does look ‘worked up’ after masturbation.

It is now almost April (Nearly three months later) and my penis still does not look as it “used to”. I have searched for weeks for pictures and information on herpes and genital warts. I do not have pain, discomfort, or pain during urination. And my penis does not look as though it has warts so I have ruled that out, I am just not 100% sure about herpes. The ‘bumps’ have never turned into sores and opened up or anything and does not really resemble images I searched through google.com under the search “herpes pictures”. They are not bright red and mainly are not painful. I feel, though, that if it were herpes it would be all over the area my partner’s mouth touched such as my testicles and lower penis shaft, or even the underside of my penis where a tongue most commonly touches the penis. After doing minimal research into the various skin disorders I could have I feel my situation most closely resembles pearly penile papules without being as protruding as I have seen them in pictures, but even more so I feel it resembles molluscum. They mostly resemble pimples and a light rash. I just feel deep inside it has something to do, obviously, with the oral sex so I have been bugging out. It is not really unsightly, especially to others. I feel I can just notice this because it is my own penis. I just hope it is not something I can pass on. Can molluscum be transferred through oral sex? How common is it? If you could offer any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Its not herpes if its lasted 3 months.  You also wouldn't get symptoms from any std that fast.  

Why don't you try doing everything the doc said and see if that helps?

It never hurts to know your std status, so if you want to find out if you have herpes, ask your doc for a type specific IgG blood test.

AJ
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.