STDs / STIs Community

Can I get an STD from blood in my mouth

I'm 15 years old, and the other day I got with this girl at a party, and I came very close to giving her oral sex. I did though, use my hand to excite her at her vaginal area, and as embarrassing as it was, to my horror I saw blood on my hand. She claimed it was a cut from recent sexual activity. When I say that I came close to giving her oral sex, it means my tongue may have made contact once, before I backed away. If it did make contact, it was very small. Anyways, I began worrying about STDs, and two days later, (today,) I noticed that I was developing a sore throat. Is this some sort of STD? There is no way I can let my parents know about this. Also, there is of people out from the flu at my school so that could be it too.
the way you described your actions would put you at a low risk for stds
actually at no risk if you ask me
I will say that you are at NO risk of getting an std from her blood, unless she is HIV/AIDs positive. Unless she had a break out of any types of sores, I wouldn't worry about stds. More than likely you are just freaking yourself out OR coming down with the flu that everyone else has.  Just remember; don't go down on them unless you KNOW they don't have any stds. I know it sucks, but really, do you want syphilis in your mouth? Keep it clean and careful and you can still have fun.
Thanks jwia and john, that really helps. This forums seems to be a lot more helpful than yahoo haha.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.