STDs / STIs Community

Can STD cause heavier periods

My partner has had a merino coil fitted for last 5 years and normally only has very light spotting during her period. Her last 2 have been heavier requiring the use of sanitary towels. She appears to have had a bout of thrush last week due to being on a 2 week course of antibiotics with White / slightly yellow discharge and sore external genitals. She used canestan cream and took probiotic which seems to have at least cleared up the external soreness. She's not sure about the discharge as she is currently menstruating. Are there any STDs which cause heavier periods and if so which ones? Is heavier period a common symptoms of STDs, if not what could be the problem? Thanks  
would you even remotely worry about this if you hadn't had an encounter with someone else this year?

grace
Hi Grace,
thanks for responding, I guess I would not worry normally. I take it you are telling me that it is not An STD symptom then?
Thanks S
Found this article which was helpful.

http://www.mjbovo.com/AbnlBleed.htm

although I see lots of site saying some STDs can cause heavier periods, none specify which ones. Can anyone add any detail?
women do have heavier periods now and then. you don't have reason to suspect your partner has a std from you at this point. If she is concerned, she should follow up with her gyn.

grace
Hi Grace,
As I said in my previous post, my wife thinks she has thrush. On Saturday night she used a flucanazole pill and canestan pessary. Since she says the symptoms are worse and today she has pain in her lower abdomen and bleeding from her vagina despite having finished her period a fews days ago. Along with her White discharge and the fact she says it hurts when she pees due to sore vulva do you think this now sounds like and STD? I'm really worried I've given her something now.
Regards,
S
Hi Grace,
I forgot to mention I have what I think is a bad case of thrush on my glans and foreskin which I noticed yesterday. I have not been tested for herpes. I note you are and expert in Herpes, do you know how can I tell the difference between thrush and herpes? Also could herpes cause my partners symptoms?
Many thanks
S
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.