A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.1k Members

Can Sex toys make infection?

Hi,

Can sex toys can give any std?

I used few vaginas and dolls (purchased online froma retailer) and used with myself only.
My frd told me to wear condome while using them?

Can it e true that sex toy retailers might have recycled the toy and sold again? Can it make any infection?
cheer,
1 Responses
101028 tn?1419606604
no, they don't sell used sex toys back to people.

this isn't an issue for you as far as getting a std from a sex toy that only you have used.

you can get bacterial and fungal infections from sex toys.  be sure to properly clean them and store them as recommended on the booklets you got with them. also when they start to show signs of breaking down, time to throw them out and get new ones :)

also remember to use lube so you don't get irritated!!!

grace
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.