Can bumps with hair growing out of them be genital warts?

So I just started having sex with my boyfriend in January (I had never had sex before) and then I had a few flesh colored bumps show up on my mons pubis around March/April. I didn’t really question what they were because like I said they were flesh colored and had hair growing out of them so I just thought it was an inflamed hair follicle. However recently I have noticed more bumps and after researching online I’m worried they are genital warts. I’ve had my HPV vaccine so I thought I was safe from this type of thing. Plus my boyfriend hasn’t had sex with anyone for 2 years until me. Does this sound like genital warts??

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.