STDs / STIs Community

Can i contract std from giving a rim job?

I gave my boyfriend a rim job and a day after that i developed sore throat that causes me pain in the throat n makes it difficult to swallow. I having been coughing out thick suff but this night i coughed out a mixture of cough n greenlike/dusty muccus. Am worried because i don't know what i got.  Can anyone tell me if they got any idea of what this could be?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi what your describing would not transmitt and std to your throat.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.