STDs / STIs Community

Can precum on finger/hand transmit via either fingering or touching anus???

Mutual masturbation occurred between me and a man. Then after he was stroking his penis for a few minutes he then touch my *** with his hand....believe his hand might have had some precum but I didn’t feel anything wet when he had touched my a*s.  No even though he didn’t finger me I had a dildo already in me that he was moving in and out.....my question is am I at risk of HIV being that his had was exposed to air for like 1 minute before he touched my anus....does having herpes for this situation make it worse?
COMMUNITY LEADER
No, this is not a risk for HIV, or any other STD. Mutual masturbation is not a risk.

For HIV, you'd have to get his fluids into you, not just on you, and that didn't happen here.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.