Aa
A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.3k Members

Can std cause prostatis

One month ago i got treated with doxyciline 200 g for 10 days for a potential bacterial bladder  infection,
Last weekend i had ejaculated for the first time after 30 days, while ejaculating i put pressure on my penis to stop cum from coming out for a few secs, the next days i developped a burning sensation behind my recturm area, potentailly where the prostate gland, i feel some burning also in the tip of the penis and my feet feel sort of cold or burning. Otherwise i feel no discharge or burning during urination.
I have beeing taking anti inflamatory medication the last days which helped reduce the burning sensation. But after one week it did not completely go away.
   Could this be caused by the pervious infection i got treated for ? Do stds cause similar symptomps ?
2 Responses
3149845 tn?1506627771
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome. Sounds like you stressed out your spinster muscle from the back pressure and also bruised your penis tip by holding the sperm back. Ouch! If you having reoccuring symptoms from your original infection, you might want to go for a follow up with the doc.
101028 tn?1419603004
actually this sounds like a fungal infection going on more than anything. if its been more than a week since you finished your antibiotics you can return to have your prostate checked to see if swelling went down as well as they can check you for a fungal infection too.

grace
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.