STDs / STIs Community

Can you get STD's from a dog?

Okay, really weird question. Hear me out. I went down to let the dogs in a a few weeks ago, and I was in my nightclothes. We have a gate to the kitchen and I stepped over it, rather than opening it. Because it was dark I didn't see my dogs were already inside. And one of them sleeps by the gate. As I'm stepping over, she sticks her nose in my private parts and a licks a few times.

I, naturally, was rather freaked out, and went to have a shower straight away, but I am a little concerned.... I have hypochondriac tendencies... and this is just too weird to explain to a doctor...
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.