STDs / STIs Community

Canker sore & swollen lips

Hello everyone,
Few days ago , A prostitute kissed me on lips and few hours later I started feeling tingling/itchy lips .A week later I had canker sore in my mouth and my lips are slightly swollen . Do you think it is a case of herpes ? It appears to be healing but I am extremely worried . Any ideas  ?
odds are it's from something she had on her lips. lip plumping lipsticks can cause reactions in folks as can cinnamon flavored gum and such.

grace

If you do have HSV-1 then you probably had it before this counter.  Swollen lips aren't STD related.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.