Aa
A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.5k Members

Chances I have syphilis

Today my partner (only been sexually active 3 weeks now) got a call from his ex she has Syphilis. I always used a condom for intercourse but there was some genital skin contact and unprotected oral sex. He had no sores or rash. Her diagnosis is that she’s had it for months.
I did get a sore throat last week and sinus infection that has also given me an eye infection.
What is the likelihood these “cold” line symptoms are actually Syphilis and what is the likelihood I have or vagibay because there was skin contact? Will I even test positive this early?
2 Responses
Test at 6 weeks. A painless sore/ulcer is the classic symptom.
3149845 tn?1506627771
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi if he did not have any active chancres your risk to contract it is zero as its spread from rubbing contact with a syphilis chancre or the hand and foot rash with secondary syphilis.
Also you might inquire about her test showing positive as a second more sensitive test is giving to confrim its not just antibodies. Either way if you concenred have both of you tested.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.