STDs / STIs Community

Chancre or Paranoia?

I'm a 20 year old female college student. I'm in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend of two years, he is my sole sexual partner. I've never had vaginal sex with anyone else.

About two days ago, I noticed slight pain on my labia majora, and found a small lesion/ulcer looking spot. It's pretty small, round, and no major discoloration. No pus, just a reddish color and painful to the touch. After discovery, of course I took to the internet and have tried to figure out what it could be. I do shave regularly, so there is the possibility of an ingrown hair but its not sticking out in the way a pimple would from an ingrown hair. The frightening alternative would by a syphilis chancre, but I can't find very many pictures of them to compare. I have no other symptoms, and I've talked to my boyfriend and he has had no such sore/pain or any other symptoms of syphilis ever.

I have an appointment with my obgyn in a few months, but I need advice if I need to seek more urgent help. My insurance plan isn't the best, so I'm hoping that I'm just getting carried away on internet searches, but I would love another opinion. Thank you so much for any help.

http://s21.postimg.org/vdc33lvd3/Full_Size_Render.jpg

above is the picture.
We don't look at pictures but I would doubt this is any relation to syphilis. Syphilis is rare in developed countries among hetrosexual population.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.