Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chlamydia - can it be symptom free for 6 years?

Hello,

Is it possible to have no symptoms of Chlamydia for over 6 years?

The last time I had sex with anyone other than my current partner was 6 years ago.

We're trying for a baby and I'm paranoid that a sexual encounter from over 6 years ago may have given me something like Chlamydia.

Neither one of us have any symptoms, but then I understand it can be symptom free and still cause infertility

Any help and advise welcome.

To put this into
6 Responses
No, 6 years would be impossible.
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your time.
May I ask one final question:

Even if chlamydia caused PID, after 6 years there would be other more visible symptoms?

Regards,
You would be dead or in serious pain where you would not be at the computer but at the hospital.
But why do people say it's symptom-less. Death an serious pain seem like pretty big symptoms.
Yes it can be symptomless for 18 maybe 24 months but in that time frame can do damage inside.
I see, so it can be symptom-less when you're first infected, but eventually there will be signs.

Thank you again for your help,  that has been very useful.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.