STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Chlamydia/gonorrhea test risk of contamination

I recently had a NAAT urine test for gonorrhea and chlamydia. I did not wash my hands bedore urinating into a container, and I think my penis and hand touched the inside of the container. Could this cause contamination that might affect the reliability of the results. Could this cause a false negative/positive?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, That test is not accurate at all with a urine test. Its much more accurate with a swab test. So any results using urine are pretty much useless.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.