Chlamydia

So I was drunk and made the awful decision to have protected sex with a stripper. Immediately a week after I got tested and was tested positive for Chlamydia. My stripper sex was protected but in the 6 months to a year prior I probably had unprotected sex with about 10 low risk girls. From reading on this site, it seems likely I always had the chlamydia but just never got tested for it and indeed did not get it from the stripper. Is this possible to have chlamydia be symptomless for this long?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, you did not get it from the stripper using a condom and you cant get chlamydia from oral, only vaginal. It is possible to have it a year but extremely unlikely as would have been cleared up on its own through the bodies natural curing system. Also with chlamydia, in my experience most men to show symptoms of gray puss discharge and itching inside the urethra that occur about a week post exposure. Its my opinon you had a false positive. I would test again with a urethra swab and urine test.
Well I went back after I got the treatment and tested negative. So its tough to know whether or not it was a false positive since I did take the recommended treatment.
The CDC also lists that over 50% of men go symptomless
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ive had it 3 times in my life and always got  symptoms
So ur saying that because I had no symptoms most likely it was a false positive?
???
COMMUNITY LEADER
yes that and the time involved. its been to long
Thank you. I did find it weird I had 0 symptoms and tested positive.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Thats why i would consider it a false positive. What test did they perform? Blood, urine or swab?
If the condom broke with the stripper, I would have known correct?
Urine. However, I think you misunderstood my time frame. I had unprotected sex with two low risk girls a month before stripper as well. By saying 6 months to a year i meant all the time during that period as well, not that it has been 6 months to a year.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes you would
Ok good. Going to get tested just for peace of mind as it seems thousands of people have been in my situation (No Risk) and still had awful doubts in their mind. Wish me luck
COMMUNITY LEADER
good luck
Just to confirm, there's no way I could have got HIV from the stripper correct?
COMMUNITY LEADER
correct
All came back negative thanks for the support

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.