I'm a teenager, in my mid teens.
I have had a dark spot on the base of my penis (on the opposite side) for a couple years (2 approx). It has never caused me any harm, other than wondering what it is, and it continues to be dormant. However, I fear that it might be something that I need to have addressed (but based on the embarrassing subject, would rather make sure it is necessary).
- About 2-3 mm wide
- Slightly Darker than skin color
- Does not itch (At least, not much if any)
- Does not hurt
- Slightly more sensitive to touch than surrounding areas ( Not much, 1-2 on a scale of ten)
- Has smaller bumps on it (Same color as the spot)
- Skin has more folds in the bump than surrounding areas (In other words, not as smooth)
I have never actually had sex, or participated in any kind of sexual activity, so I know that I can rule out the possibility of it being an STD. If I had to make a guess, I would have to say that it could be due to me not drying that particular area until I noticed its presence. I do shower a lot, so it is possible that that area was damp, thus causing what ever this is.
I appreciate any advice,