Dark Spot, Possibilities?

I'm a teenager, in my mid teens.

I have had a dark spot on the base of my penis (on the opposite side) for a couple years (2 approx). It has never caused me any harm, other than wondering what it is, and it continues to be dormant. However, I fear that it might be something that I need to have addressed (but based on the embarrassing subject, would rather make sure it is necessary).

Description:

- About 2-3 mm wide

- Slightly Darker than skin color

- Does not itch (At least, not much if any)

- Does not hurt

- Slightly more sensitive to touch than surrounding areas ( Not much, 1-2 on a scale of ten)

- Has smaller bumps on it (Same color as the spot)

- Skin has more folds in the bump than surrounding areas (In other words, not as smooth)

I have never actually had sex, or participated in any kind of sexual activity, so I know that I can rule out the possibility of it being an STD. If I had to make a guess, I would have to say that it could be due to me not drying that particular area until I noticed its presence. I do shower a lot, so it is possible that that area was damp, thus causing what ever this is.

I appreciate any advice,

COMMUNITY LEADER
It could be nothing more complicated than a normal skin variation.  You should get it checked out if its concerning you, and there is nothing to be embarrassed about.  To a doctor, your genitals are the same as your knees, arms, face - whatever.

Aj
Would you go to your standard family doctor for something like this?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sure.  You can go to see him/her, or a dermatologist.

Aj

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.