STDs / STIs Community

Dark patch on lower penis shaft

I have a dark, so very slightly raised, brownish mark in color at the very bottom of my penis shaft.  I noticed it several months ago and it seems to have gotton slightly bigger.  I've been touching it and now it seems to hurt a bit when touched.  It's probably half the size of my pinky fingernail and not exactly round.  What should I be looking for next?  And would there be any other symtoms if this was cancer?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I don't know if its cancer, but this is the STD forum.

You should get this checked out promptly, and maybe posting in the dermatology or men's health forum would help.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.